20 steps to improve your ranking on TripAdvisor
The most important factor to reach a higher ranking on TripAdvisor is to constantly obtain positive reviews from past guests which need to also be well replied by the management.
67% of travelers check TripAdvisor a few times a month or more, which probably doesn’t come as much of a surprise: TripAdvisor is one of the best go-to marketing tools for any hospitality business.
For this reason, it’s worth knowing that in May 2016 TripAdvisor made some changes to their Popularity Ranking Algorithm. This might sound very technical, but we’ve shared the simple facts behind the change to help you increase your ranking and keep it high. to sum this algorithm that TripAdvisor has set out, the key factors to remember and work on are quality, recency and quantity of reviews posted on your property’s profile.
in order to achieve quality, recency and quantity of reviews below are some suggested action points to boost your revievs and gain higher ranking on TripAdvisor.
Improve the quality of your reviews
1. Make it your top priority to provide an incredible experience for every guest who stays at your property.
2. Set guest expectations before they arrive by making sure all information about your property is up-to-date and clear on your website and on TripAdvisor
3. Check that your photos on TripAdvisor accurately display the experience you offer when they physically experience your property.
4. Do everything you can to be welcoming, responsive, and fulfill and exceed expectations for every customer, right from the very first point of contact, which is at the time of reservation inquiry.
5. Use a booking engine in your website to allow guests to have a quick and hassle-free booking experience online and on the move on mobile devices.
6. Strive to be the local authority in your tourism area to give your guests a memorable experience they couldn’t get elsewhere in another resort.
7. Provide photo opportunities for guests to post pictures of your property and related activities and excursions on TripAdvisor
8. Respond to your reviews to show prospective customers that you value feedback and want to provide the best experience possible.
9. Act on feedback from reviews as soon as possible, especially if it’s a recurring issue, to continually improve your customer experience
10. Make sure every review is an authentic opinion of a guest; do not ask friends or employees to write reviews for you
Keep your reviews fresh and frequent reviews
11. Remember that recent reviews carry more weight than post dated reviews
12. Keep reviews coming all-year-round and think about how to fill gaps (such as between seasons) that could lower your ranking
13. Set-up automated post-trip emails that ask recent guests to provide feedback and post reviews on TripAdvisor
14. Get business cards printed with the TripAdvisor logo on
15. Ensure that the TripAdvisor logo is printed on all your brochures, menus and invoices which serves as a reminder to guests to review your property.
16. If you have a TripAdvisor award, display it prominently in your office as a reminder for guests to review you
Increase the quantity of your reviews
17. Keep your reviews fresh and frequent and you will soon have a higher amount of reviews
18. Remember that the more reviews you have, the easier it is for TripAdvisor to rank your business accurately
19. Link to your TripAdvisor page on your website, or integrate your reviews as a customer, and remind past guests who visit your site to review you
20. Encourage all guests to leave a review: even if they leave a negative comment, you can respond tactfully and take it on board to provide better future experiences
How do these tips help your TripAdvisor ranking? Let me know with – I’d love to hear how you get on!
November 5, 2016
November 2, 2016